Material on Compstall Hall : Residents and Dates

Dublin Core

Title

Material on Compstall Hall : Residents and Dates

Description

Material on ( Green Hill ) later Compstall Hall :

1. Typed document listing owners / residents with dates for Compstall Hall from 1824 to 1982
2. Photocopied extract from Stockport Ancient & Modern on Compstall. Page 215 Volume 2, Higginbotham. Gives brief history of Mill, its ownership by the Andrews family and its working. Provides description of Athenaeum built by G Andrew for use by his workers, containing a library, reading and classrooms, public room and Rotunda for the band.  
3. Photocopy of site survey of Hall dated 1984 from Stockport Museum. Description of Hall and its setting with brief details of ownership.
4. Photocopied page from 'The Andrews -  Compstall' giving details of Green Hill later known as Compstall Hall, also Ernocroft Hall, Springwood Hall, The Hermitage and The Church House, all of which were connected with the Andrews family.
5. Article from MEN, 19.3.20, about the sale of the Hall by its current owners, ex-footballer Colin Barlow and his family.

Identifier

COF/01/013
Louiset

Files

1 009.jpg
1 010.jpg

Citation

“Material on Compstall Hall : Residents and Dates,” Marple Local History Society Archives, accessed July 20, 2024, https://mlhs.org.uk/archives/items/show/656.

Output Formats